[colm] noob question

Adrian Thurston thurston at colm.net
Sat Jan 27 16:21:26 UTC 2018

Hi Peter, the reason is that backslash characters are not interpreted in
backtick literals. Maybe that could be a warning for colm to emit.
Detect that you tried.

Another thing: generally it's a bad idea to define tokens that match a
zero-length string or a non-zero-length string. A zero-length token can
generate infite sequences of tokens. Consider if you were to put one in
a list. Colm should warn against this. It's been on the TODO list for
some time.

Zero-length tokens do have their uses, but you should be certain you
need it. You don't want it cropping up accidentally.

Adrian