[ragel-users] Generating Java source code

Adrian Thurston thurs... at cs.queensu.ca
Tue Nov 21 17:51:18 UTC 2006

Steve,

I would still consider Java code generation to be experimental. A number of
tests do pass, however there is a big change which need to be made. Colin
Fleming reported that Java has a 64K limit on array sizes which causes
compilation to fail for large machines. He even provided a patch, though it
hasn't been integrated yet because I've been slowly mulling over the problem
... more like sulking actually. I think part of me really wants to believe
that the limit will magically go away. Anyways, a fix should come soonish.

In the meantime it may well be that Mongrel's parser is small enough that
this limit is not hit.

-Adrian