[ragel-users] Re: ruby code generation

Adrian Thurston thurs... at cs.queensu.ca
Wed Apr 11 21:49:13 UTC 2007

Hello,

That's great news! Where can I learn more about this project?

The best place to learn about Ruby code generation with Ragel would
probably be this list :) Sorry there isn't much documentation for
rlgen-ruby right now. It's relatively new and I usually give new
features some time to settle before immortalizing them with documentation.

I can sum it up for you in a few words. It's mostly the same as rlgen-cd
-T0, except for a couple things:

1. An array called data containing the characters to be processed must
be made available on each run of the machine.

2. The variables which are pointers in the C code (p, pe, tokstart,
tokend) now become integers with -1 to indicate null.

Cheers,
 Adrian