[ragel-users] port not working

Chuck Remes cremes.devl... at mac.com
Thu Nov 1 11:02:44 UTC 2007

On Nov 1, 2007, at 3:51 AM, Gaspard Bucher wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I tried to install ragel using macports but it seems to be broken.
> Host machine is a 64bit PowerPC (G5). Here is the output :
> cruby > uname -a
> Darwin bison.local 8.10.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.10.0: Wed May 23
> 16:50:59 PDT 2007; root:xnu-792.21.3~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh
> powerpc
> cruby > sudo port info ragel
> ragel 5.11, lang/ragel (Variants: darwin_8)
> http://www.elude.ca/ragel/

That's a really old version. There is definitely a newer one in the
tree so your port tree must be *way* out of date.

Run:

sudo port -d sync

This will update your tree to the latest portfiles. If you are that
far behind on the portfiles then it is pretty likely you are running
an old version of macports too. So I recommend you also run:

sudo port -d selfupdate

This will update macports to the latest version.

I just checked and macports has ragel-5.24 in the tree which is the
latest release. Perform the above steps and try to install again and
you'll probably be fine.

cr