Matching characters written as hex codes

Macy macyg... at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 06:28:14 UTC 2008

On Jun 2, 3:44 am, Adrian Thurston <thurs... at cs.queensu.ca> wrote:
> That's odd, everything works fine for me, even graphviz (2.12). Running
> it I get:
>
> Got BOM UTF16 be
>
> What kind of machine architecture and OS are you on?
>
> -Adrian

I'm running a Gentoo linux distribution,  x86_64 arch:

$ uname -a
Linux laptop 2.6.25-gentoo-r4 #9 SMP Sat May 31 19:58:05 EEST 2008
x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

The packages are:
graphviz-2.18
ragel-6.2
glibc-2.7

I've poked around the code a little and the problem seems to be this,
in gvdotgen.cpp : 135

std::ostream &GraphvizDotGen::ONCHAR( Key lowKey, Key highKey )
{
        if ( lowKey > keyOps->maxKey ) {
                  CondSpace *condSpace = findCondSpace( lowKey,
highKey );
                  // condSpace is NULL and it's not checked and
afterwards is deferenced via condSpace->baseKey
                  // leading to a crash.
                  assert(condSpace);  // I added this :)
                  Key values = ( lowKey - condSpace->baseKey ) /
keyOps->alphSize();