[ragel-users] building trunk ragel -- needs ragel??

Wincent Colaiuta w... at wincent.com
Sun Mar 23 15:38:48 UTC 2008

El 23/3/2008, a las 16:30, Stephen Bannasch escribió:

> I'd like to build a trunk version of ragel but am getting stuck early
> because ragel seems to require ragel to build.
>
> Can I install an earlier version of ragel to get past this block?

Back when I did this (back with Ragel 5.20) I followed this sequence:

1. build/install from tarball (doesn't need Ragel)

2. build/install kelbt (http://www.cs.queensu.ca/~thurston/kelbt/),
also a prerequisite

3. Subversion checkout and build

I expect that the pattern is probably similar with the current trunk.

Cheers,
Wincent