[ragel-users] Re: Any suggestions on implementing SMTP protocol inRagel?

Adrian Thurston thurs... at cs.queensu.ca
Tue May 13 01:15:10 UTC 2008

Hi Ross,

To be honest I don't have much experience with this approach. Statecharts were originally made for small low-level machines that are awkward to do with regular expressions. But they turned out to be more useful. The only issue I can think of is dealing with whitespace ... but I don't know SMTP well enough to say for sure. Let us know if if you pursue it and it works out :)

Adrian