[ragel-users] Reduce ragel generator time

Horacio Sanson hsanson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 15:26:35 UTC 2008

I have this Ragel machine to parse RTSP messages that takes almost 20
minutes to generate the C code. I remember reading in the mailing list
about someone complaining that Ragel was taking too long to generate
his/her SIP parser. In that same thread a solution about a machine
that eats the blank spaces or something like that helped reduce the
generation time from hours to a few minutes was posted but for some
reason I cannot find this email in my email archives.

If someone could repost this email or give me a simple example on how
this was done I would appreciate it.

regards,
Horacio