[ragel-users] Ragel and protocol analysis

Horacio Sanson hsanson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 08:37:58 UTC 2009

Once I tried to implement a transport protocol parser with ragel but
since ragel works with text strings any binary protocol (TCP, UDP, IP)
would be difficult to parse. For example how would you match a TCP or
IP header using text strings?

In the other hand text based protocols (RTSP, SDP, etc..) are a LOT
easier to do with Ragel.

regards,
Horacio