[ragel-users] Ragel for JSON

WARC voidptrptr at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 22:51:51 UTC 2009

> In the break actions I'm assuming that you're returning a token to
> the caller?

Yep. Each time Ragel advance "p", I save that character in a global
buffer. This is how I built all the actions.

> If you want to squeeze more time out of it I would suggest calling
> the parsing functions right from the ragel actions.

Didn't know that. Is there any example showing this feature?

> I'm not sure how much faster that will be though.

The idea I'm thinking about is to wait until a token is fully
identified by Ragel, and then copy it to a buffer in one shot.
Maybe this will be faster than copying tokens character by character.
I am right?

--F.