[ragel-users] Overfrequent/premature call of 'on-exit-transition' action

Bernie Pallek berniepallek at brytech.com
Fri Sep 11 15:20:58 UTC 2009

<cid:part1.03050701.01060104 at brytech.com>Hello,

We are working on a parser for data blocks, and we've encountered some
confusion. An action is being taken more frequently than expected (or
prematurely). We've attached a few files that should be helpful (in
addition to the original Ragel script). The PNG has been painted on to
show where the unexpected action (circled in red) is expected to appear
on the graph (end of red arrow).

If file attachments get scrubbed (if they are disallowed, I apologize),
please let me know, and I'll figure out how to convey the info another way.

Just to be clear, we are trying to parse a block of data that is
composed of a small header which contains 'n', followed by 'n' number of
16-bit words, *then* we want the rogue action ("processCompleteMessage")
to be taken; instead, it is taken after each 16-bit word is collected.

Thanks for any input.

Best regards,

- bernie