[ragel-users] C enum usage in state machines and visualization improvements

David Weidenkopf dweidenkopf at cococorp.com
Mon Jul 12 16:56:45 UTC 2010

Hello, I am a ragel noob. One observation I have as a new user is that the generated dot files would be better if they used more of the information provided in the source file. For example, why aren't the state names output instead of numbers? Or is there a way to get the state names used in the diagram? Finally, I read that it was possible to use a C enum to define events. Are there any examples of this available?

Also, does anyone with experience with the ragel source have an idea of the feasibility of adding more features to the dot generation? For example, what about color coding events?

Thanks in advance.