[ragel-users] ragel for binary protocol parsing?

Adrian Thurston thurston at complang.org
Sun Jun 19 00:07:30 UTC 2011

I use it to parse binary protocols (eg DNS, SSL). Usually the awkward
part is dealing with N items of things. You either need to use
conditionals, or some jumps and calls. It certainly wasn't designed for
that though. I had text-based parsing in mind. Initially I would advise
people to not use it for binary protocols, but since conditionals are
available I say it can be used for them.

--
Dr. Adrian D. Thurston
http://www.complang.org/thurston/