[ragel-users] Bug? Backslash-escapes not escaped enough in .dot files?

Austin Hastings ah08010-ragel at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 27 10:04:21 UTC 2011

Howdy,

I'm poring over some .dot files, trying to understand what's wrong with
my tokenizer. And I'm on Windows (XPpro, sp3, en-us), which means that
my stuff probably doesn't work like anyone else's.

I can see the .dot file contains labels generated like '\\t'  (that's
apos-backslash-backslash-tee-apos).

But dotty is suppressing the backslash, for some reason.

If I change them to 4 slashes:  '\\\\t' then I see one slash in the
dotty window.

Is this a ragel bug (not generating the right number of slashes) or a
dotty bug (ignoring too many slashes) ?

For example:

     2 -> 2 [ label = "'\\t', '\\f'..'\\r', SP / whitespace_act,
buffer_input" ];
     2 -> 2 [ label = "'\\n' / newline_act, whitespace_act, buffer_input" ];

=Austin