[ragel-users] Crack back-end

Kevin T. Ryan kevin.t.ryan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 18:04:56 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Conrad Steenberg
<conrad.steenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm looking into creating a ragel back-end for the Crack language ...
>
> Is there an existing language back-end that would be most
> appropriate to use as a template?

Have you looked at the examples included as part of the distribution?
On my machine, they can be found in "C:\Program Files\Ragel
6.7\ragel-6.7\examples".  Probably most relevant to crack (from your
description) is the clang.rl file ("A mini C-like language scanner.")
or perhaps the cppscan.rl file ("A C++ scanner. Uses the longest match
construction.").  I found many of the examples very enlightening on
how to use Ragel / get started.  Hope that helps!

ktr