[ragel-users] Cygwin cross compilation

ragel-user at jgoettgens.de ragel-user at jgoettgens.de
Tue Oct 25 14:35:03 UTC 2011

I just wanted to point out that it is now possible (probably was for some time) to build ragel binaries using cygwin that don’t depend on the cygwin runtime environment.

E.g. to build 64-bit binaries simply call configure with

./configure --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32

If ragel gets called from outside the cygwin environment one should copy libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll from the appropriate sys-root directory into the directory of ragel (or elsewhere where the runtime system can find them). Of course, the cross compilation packages should be installed on the system.

I’ll update this thread in case I find major problems during testing (using txl, etc).

jg