[ragel] Providing Windows ragel binary on the main page

Ebrahim Byagowi ebraminio at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 18:16:19 UTC 2017

I don't use Windows machines much also nowadays but I have a simple
solution that one without a Windows can also build ragel windows binary:

1. Login into https://gist.github.com/ (is GitHub pastebin service which
also provides Git repos at the same time) and type something and create an
empty gist.

2. Login into https://ci.appveyor.com (is a Windows CI service) with your
Github account, or any other way you like

3. https://ci.appveyor.com/projects/new create a new Git project with the
empty gist link you just created on step 1.

4. Go to SETTING tab and on environment tab add this: RAGEL_VERSION with
this value 6.10 then press Save

5. On Build, choose SCRIPT, then CMD and then enter this command

C:\msys64\usr\bin\bash -lc 'cd $APPVEYOR_BUILD_FOLDER; wget
http://www.colm.net/files/ragel/ragel-$RAGEL_VERSION.tar.gz; tar -xf
ragel-$RAGEL_VERSION.tar.gz; cd ragel-$RAGEL_VERSION;
PATH=$PATH:/mingw32/bin; ./configure --prefix=/mingw32/
--build=i686-w64-mingw32 --host=i686-w64-mingw32; make LDFLAGS="--static"'

Press Save.

6. On the Artifacts, add this artifact path,

ragel-*/ragel/ragel.exe

Press Save.

7. Go to the LATEST BUILD tab, press NEW BUILD

8. Wait for the completion of the build, after that, the self contained
compiled exe output will be put on ARTIFICATS tab, download it.

(This is just the simple working walkthrough, you can custom it as you
wish, let me know if you failed on doing any of these steps)

With this instruction, can I request putting this exe somewhere on the
official site? Thanks