[ragel-users] Parallel machines

Adrian Thurston thurston at colm.net
Sat Dec 29 03:57:35 UTC 2018

Hi, yes it is possible, scanners execute in parallel, however you don't
get all the guarantees you normally get when you simply union. There may
be some backtracking and leaving actions don't always execute. This
second issue is something I'm hoping to fix with ragel 8.

If you want to do things in parallel as is the case with a normal union,
you can scan using the ** operator. This is a kleene star that favours
staying in the machine over starting to match a new token. If that
doesn't work for you, you can implement the scanning functionality
yourself, just using ragel to match a single token from the current
starting location. Simply union all your patterns and wrap that in a
loop.

[2] http://mail.ru