[ragel-users] Re: fexec bug in v5.15?

Carlos Antunes cmantu... at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 20:29:51 UTC 2006

On 11/9/06, Adrian Thurston <thurs... at cs.queensu.ca> wrote:

> That could be done, the fhold/fexec would fix up p and immediately
> restart.

Exactly. Of course, the restart wouldn't happen if the an fhold or
fexec were followed by an fret, fgoto and the like.

>Though it would change the semantics of fhold and fexec based
> on context, which in my opinions on language design is not good thing to
> do. I'd feel better about adding another command.

Hmm, from the point of view of the ragel end user, things would
automagically work as "expected", no? I don't see where the change in
semantics is in this case...

> > Although I am too clueless to know exactly what you are talking about
> > (I'm not a computer science guy, just a lowly electrical engineer),
> > adding useful functionality for me sounds great! :-)
> No worries, all computer users are welcome :)
>
> Follow context allows you to specify what should come after the pattern,
> but does not consume it as part of the pattern. You write:
>
> 'match me' / 'match but do not consume me';

Ah! I've used that in flex but had no clue it was called "follow
context". This is something that I would consider *VERY* useful.

Thanks!

Carlos

--
"We hold [...] that all men are created equal; that they are
endowed [...] with certain inalienable rights; that among