New Project Using Ragel

Zed A. Shaw zeds... at zedshaw.com
Thu Jul 12 12:23:25 UTC 2007

Hey Adrian,

I cranked out another project that uses Ragel:

  http://ihate.rubyforge.org/profligacy/

It's a JRuby project that makes it really easy to produce Swing GUIs without trying to be a complete abstraction over all of Swing.

I used Ragel to produce the Layout Expression Language parser:

  http://ihate.rubyforge.org/profligacy/lel.html

LEL is a kind of wiki table syntax that configures one of Swing's more annoying to code layout managers.  Ragel produces a .java file which is compile into a .class file, and then JRuby accesses it with just Ruby.  It works pretty nice and as usual is very fast.

Thanks again for Ragel.

--
Zed A. Shaw
- Good: http://www.zedshaw.com/