[ragel-users] Re: changes to ragel, feedback requested

Adrian Thurston thurs... at cs.queensu.ca
Wed Mar 21 02:09:58 UTC 2007

Ah, I like that. CS is always initialized unless it is explicitly
requested that it isn't. When the user wants to init CS it can happen
before write init. Also, CS isn't initialized twice. Seems like a winner
to me!

In regards to the question of initializing with the first vs last
instantiation, I am leaning towards the last since Ragel programs are
normally specified in a bottom-up nature (leaf machine definitions come
first). Instantiations can go in any order, but in the programs I write
the main machine always ends up last.

Adrian