Ruby and Java code generation

Adrian Thurston thurs... at cs.queensu.ca
Fri Sep 28 19:02:05 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with Ruby and Java code generation as I
implement 6.0 features. The main problem with targeting both of these
languages is the lack of goto statement. This is problematic even for
the table-driven machine. There are a number of places in the driver
where a jump in or jump out of the processing loop is required. So far
I've gotten away with using named loops in Java and control flow
variables in Ruby, however with the latest changes things are getting
really ugly. I don't have a solution yet. I'm not sure what to do right
now, so for the time being I will continue ahead with the 6.0 features
and stall work on Ruby and Java code generation.