Ragel lines listing inside GDB

Manoj Rajagopalan ma... at nanorex.com
Fri Apr 4 14:42:48 UTC 2008

hi all,

   I find I am not able to list the lines of my .rl file when stepping
through with GDB. Has anyone who has experienced this also found a solution?

   I'm running ragel without the -L flag so the #line directives are
being generated.

   One of the workarounds I've found is to use the -L flag and then set
breakpoints on the .cpp file. Since most of the debug is with the
non-ragel parts of the file this works most of the time but it is an
extra step to correlate the ragel file line with the .cpp file so I was
wondering if a direct means of listing lines in the .rl file is possible.

Thanks,
Manoj