Action at the Beginning of Starred Expression

Manfred_Nowak svv1... at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 24 04:08:55 UTC 2008

> e=(ax >action)*y;
[...]
> What do you know about e?
[...]
> e | (any | a at action)*;

`e' is given as input, therefore I do know close to nothing about `e'.
I want to generate something like
    `e >$action'
and ragel decomposes `e' according to your suggestions---if they are
detailed enough.

But this is only one step. As it seems, I might have the need to
parameterize `>>>action' at least with the character read. In total I
fear, that my view on finite automata and my requirements are quite
different from your view and that there is no room for both views in
ragel.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will continue to have a look on
ragel.

-manfred