[ragel-users] interpreting ragel visualization

Adrian Thurston thurston at complang.org
Wed Dec 31 17:13:22 UTC 2008

Hi Rustom,

When the alphabet type is a signed value like char, the values with high
bit set are displayed as negative. If you change the alphabet type to
unsigned char they'll show up as > 127.

The values inside parens are references to conditions. If a named action
is used a name shows up there. Otherwise you get line;col. The bang means
that the transition is taken only when the condition fails (returns
false).

Happy New Year!

Adrian