ragel edge side include parser

taf2 todd.fis... at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 22:16:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

  I've been doing some work on implementing a parser to handle ESI
(Edge Side Include) Tags.   I am fairly sure, I have the parser
working, but am curious about methods for optimizing.  I noticed that
if  I generate my parser using -G1  I get a file about 25K lines.
With -T1 I get about 5K lines.   Also, when using -G2  i'm not seeing
the cs variable changing.   I noticed some pretty significant changes
in size based on some simple changes in how I matched attributes.
Looking for any advice on methods for optimizing my parser.     Here's
my main parser file:  http://mongrel-esi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ext/esi/common.rl

Thanks,