[ragel-users] Re: 64-bit Issues?

William Ahern will... at 25thandClement.com
Wed Jul 23 08:56:55 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:58:41PM -0700, mitchell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Can anybody give a summary of manifest or potential 64-bit issues? I spotted
> > some posts which hint at such issues.
>
> In my experience, the ragel command simply will not run and exit with
> a "Ragel failed to exec" error.

Hmmmm. I just built Ragel 6.2 on an Ubuntu Opteron box. Ragel successfully
compiled my URI and RTSP parsers (latter is quite long), and my regressions
ran without a hitch, even according to valgrind. Valgrind doesn't show any
errors with Ragel during the regex compilation, either.

Are you encountering this error in a dual 32-bit/64-bit ABI environment? If
there is an issue w/ Ragel, perhaps its merely w/ the autotools
specifications. My servers are pure 64-bit, so I can't test this conjecture.