building trunk ragel -- needs ragel??

Stephen Bannasch stephen.banna... at deanbrook.org
Sun Mar 23 15:30:35 UTC 2008

I'd like to build a trunk version of ragel but am getting stuck early
because ragel seems to require ragel to build.

Can I install an earlier version of ragel to get past this block?

svn co svn://mambo.cs.queensu.ca/ragel/trunk ragel
cd ragel
$ ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ar... ar
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ragel... no

error: ragel is required to build the parsers