[ragel-users] Splitting common definitions and actions implementation

Manoj Rajagopalan ma... at nanorex.com
Mon Mar 31 15:08:32 UTC 2008

I'm working on something like this. To ensure that your constants in
core appear to your c/java.rl make sure you include them in the correct
order - core.rl first.

I have a .cpp file in which I include all my .rl files and then declare
and define functions which I call from my equivalent of core.rl. The
declarations occur above the %% write exec for my machines otherwise the
  the 'include' statement for your .rl files could go any place (I
think, because you'll be running Ragel before the C preprocessor).

Because Ragel simply translates text from a pattern-recognition language
to C/Java, your code will compile if the resulting .c/.java files have
the declarations in the correct order.

You might need to create one or two more intermediate files to solve the
problem.

cheers!
Manoj