[ragel-users] ragel and automake

Adrian Thurston thurston at complang.org
Sat Apr 4 21:34:09 UTC 2009

So I managed to convert Ragel to automake. If there are any automake
experts out there (Diego?) could you have a look at it for me to see if
I munged anything up.

There's one thing I'm not too certain about. When I configure and make a
tarball that has been created with 'make dist', the 'make' command
causes the project to be reconfigured. The -d option to make reveals
that it's because aclocal.m4 is out of date. If I touch aclocal.m4 then
the reconfigure still happens because something becomes out of date with
respect to aclocal.m4. There seems to be a circular dependency in the
generated files. Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong?