[ragel-users] terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Apr 9 11:07:47 UTC 2009

2009/4/9 Adrian Thurston <thurston at complang.org>:
> That's a memory allocation error. My guess is that some allocation size
> is wrong due to some bad code with respect to 64bit. Could you provide
> the runtime options and a backtrace with gdb? First run ragel -x and
> then run the backend program manually with gdb.

Thanks Adrian, but I'm not sure how to check it.

I've a Ragel grammar file in Ruby (sip_parser.rl). I compile it in
Debian Etch 64 bits with Ragel 6.4 installed from sources:

# ragel -F1 -R sip_parser.rl
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  St9bad_alloc
Aborted

# ragel -F1 -R sip_parser.rl -x
(I( get the internal XML)

But I don't know what you mean with "run the backend program manually
with gdb". I use gdb to debug coredumps in other programms, but have
no idea of what to do with it in this case.

Could you please indicate the steps I must perform? Thanks a lot.

PD: I've tryed this issue in two different Linux hosts both of 64 bits.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>