[ragel-users] Last action not executing with Ruby-generated code

Jason Garber jg at jasongarber.com
Fri Mar 13 21:03:36 UTC 2009

Since Ragel makes it so easy to generate code in several languages,
I'm adding a pure-ruby parser to RedCloth (it already has C and Java
extensions).  My only problem is that the actions of the last pattern
matched by the scanner don't happen.  It is happening in both my
block-level scanner and my inline scanner and it's different patters/
actions that fail to execute, but always at the end of the string.  I
traced it through using ruby-debug but couldn't tell anything because
it was deep in the scanner (i.e. all the code I recognized as actions
worked as intended, but I couldn't tell what was going on with
scanner internals).  I'm sure it's just something I'm doing wrong,
but just wanted to check if anyone had any ideas before I spend hours
trying to figure it out.

If you want to try it hand-on, git clone the pureruby branch of git://
github.com/jgarber/redcloth.git and try rake pureruby test.  You can
also peek at it at http://github.com/jgarber/redcloth/tree/pureruby
to see if you notice anything obvious.

Thanks in advance for any insight you might be able to provide.

Jason Garber