[ragel-users] How easy is it to extend Ragel's code generation to other languages?

Adrian Thurston thurston at complang.org
Sat May 16 00:53:19 UTC 2009

It's generally pretty easy to get a basic model working in an imperative
language. The approach to take depends on the facilities of the target
language. For example if goto is available then you can copy the C code
directly. If not, then maybe base it on Java or Ruby.

But since Erlang is functional, it's probably harder (but not
impossible) to implement the Ragel runtime semantics exactly as it
exists for the other target languages.

I can't really say since I don't know Erlang. What we need is to find
the intersection of all Ragel experts with all Erlang experts.

-Adrian