[ragel-users] Best practice: using ragel for bit-based state machines on microcontroller?

Jan Sporbeck ich+lists at slashhome.de
Sat May 16 12:40:21 UTC 2009

Adrian, thanks for pointing me to that and providing an example.
I'll look into that and use it to at last verify the code I have been
making up manually. (I ended up with 40 states superpositioning four
state machines..)

Just to make clear what I meant by packing the bits into a bigger
structure. (Yes, I know it doesn't provide the most compact code)

union {
  struct {
    unsigned char  s1:1;
    unsigned char  s2:1;