[ragel-users] Gearman Protocol

Colin Curtin colin.t.curtin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 00:20:09 UTC 2010

Howdy, I'm trying my hand at a Ragel machine to parse the Gearman
protocol found here: http://gearman.org/index.php?id=protocol

Here's what I have so far: http://gist.github.com/520065

I'm not sure why, but it's telling me:

$ ragel -R -s gearman.rl
lexer.rl:117:3: sorry, no more characters are available in the alphabet space
lexer.rl:117:3:   for conditions, please use a smaller alphtype or reduce
lexer.rl:117:3:   the span of characters on which conditions are embedded

It seems to be the line "  data        = (any when test_size)*;"

But I'm just going off of the Ragel guide, section 6.5. Is that "when"
syntax not supported? How can I guarantee the length and data's length
are the same?

Thanks!
Colin

--