[ragel-users] Work On Binary datagrams

Adrian Thurston adrian.thurston at esentire.com
Mon Dec 6 18:16:29 UTC 2010

I use ragel to parse binary protocols at work. Often, the most difficult
part is dealing with lengths, or counts of things. A good example is the
DNS protocol. There are several sections of N blocks of questions and
resource records items. Inside the blocks you must also deal with
lengths in names.

Unfortunately, there are not many open examples of parsing this way.
Start by looking in the manual. I would like to improve Ragel's support
for this kind of parsing.

-Adrian