[ragel-users] Using Ragel to parse a binary message (WebSocket)

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Aug 15 15:32:45 UTC 2011

Hi, I do know that Ragel cannot parse bits but just bytes. Anyhow,
maybe is it possible to use it for a binary packet format as WebSocket
frames as defined in:

   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-10#section-4.2

I see it possible by getting entire bytes and later, at application
level extract each bit value.

Also, I have this requirement for a set of 8 bytes:

      8 bytes interpreted as a 64-bit unsigned integer are the payload
      length.  Multibyte length quantities are expressed in network byte
      order.

Is it a problem for Ragel?

Thanks a lot.

--