[ragel-users] configure patch to respect CXXFLAGS

David Bacher drbacher at alum.mit.edu
Fri Dec 2 06:36:40 UTC 2011

Hello,
Thanks for ragel!

I recently tried to compile ragel via macports, but ran into problems. I tracked the issue down to the configure script not using the CXXFLAGS value passed through the environment. It looks like configure always sets CXXFLAGS to -g.

The patch for the configure script is straightforward (attached), but I don't know enough autoconf to make the appropriate changes to configure.in.

Can you fix the configure script in an upcoming release?

Let me know if you'd like me to provide my config.log in case it turns out to be more difficult than I thought to reproduce this.