[ragel-users] code review

Nate nathan.sweet at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 03:03:09 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am using Ragel to parse a DSL for grid-based GUI layouts. What I have is
working, but I'm not sure it is done well. I would love feedback on how it
can be improved. I generated a graph with Graphviz... it was 10mb and
32767x5625 pixels, which makes me think maybe I'm not doing this right.

My Ragel file:
http://code.google.com/p/table-layout/source/browse/trunk/build/TableLayoutParser.rl

My project, with a description of the language:
http://code.google.com/p/table-layout/

The language is hierarchical. I'm using fjump/fret to handle that. Also,
FWIW, I chose Ragel over JavaCC and ANTLR because I like the small amount of
code generated. I also don't like that ANTLR has a runtime dependency.

Thanks!
-Nate