[ragel-users] eof action

Ming Fu ming.fu at netsweeper.com
Mon Jan 23 18:19:46 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am new to the ragel, I was trying to see the effect of eof action.

I made up some patterns and defines an eof action for the pattern3.

something like:

pattern1 = ....
pattern2 = ....
pattern3 = ( pattern1 | pattern2) $eof myaction ;

I send in a block of data that would match pattern1, the machine report
matching pattern3 and the myaction is not run.

If I send in the same block of data, but in two chunks, the machine
report matching after the second chunk is processed, but myaction is not
run. I would expect the myaction would be run when the machine consumes
the first chunk and waiting for the rest of the data to complete the
matching.

Regards,
Ming

All the information contained in this e-mail and its attachments is confidential.