[ragel-users] Patches to avoid build_parsers=yes/no change at dist

Diego E. “Flameeyes” Pettenò flameeyes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 12:55:59 UTC 2009

Just as a proof of concept now, I haven't converted the manual to the
same effect, just the parsers regeneration.

The two attached patches (from git-svn) use the same technique I used
for feng to make ragel an optional dependency for users but a mandatory
one for developers: if the generated files are missing, and either ragel
or kelbt cannot be found, the configure is aborted; if both are found,
whether the generated files exist or not, parsers regeneration is
enabled.

If this is acceptable I can make the same change to the manual
regeneration; otherwise I can add a ./configure option so that the
rebuild only happens if the files don't exist _or_ if an option is
provided to the ./configure call.

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/