[ragel-users] Patches to avoid build_parsers=yes/no change at dist

Bob Paddock graceindustries at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 11:57:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 10:31 PM, Adrian Thurston <thurston at complang.org> wrote:
> Hmmm, I'd rather it never rebuild in the dist unless asked for. Since
> there are many different incompatible versions of Ragel, successful
> compilation will depend on what previous version you have installed. Say
> you have version four installed

I still have version 1.52, from 2003, installed for one application.
Once our software has going through
a validation cycle the tools don't change, unless there is a compleing
reason to do so.  Obviously new applications get the new versions.

Using NTFS Junctions can help with the differing version issue on Windows,
like sym-links on other systems.