[ragel-users] LALR(1) companion tool for Ragel scanner

M Conrad silverdirk-rgl at silverdirk.com
Wed Oct 19 04:06:39 UTC 2011

Hi, I am wondering if there is a good LALR(1) parser generator for use
with Ragel that has as nice of a host-language interface as Ragel does.

I found Lemon, but it generates almost unreadable code, and half the time
it tells me about errors in my grammar with meaningless assertion errors.
Also, I really like the way Ragel can be inlined with the host language,
and would like to find a parser-generator to match.

If one doesn't exist, I am considering writing one.  (I've written the
LALR(1) algorithm in Java before, so it wouldn't be that hard) But, I
don't want to waste effort if it is redundant.

Can anyone point me to other LR parsers that you like?

Thanks,
-Mike