[ragel] changes to Ragel in response to the CloudFlare incident

Adrian Thurston thurston at colm.net
Thu Mar 23 07:32:44 UTC 2017

This solution is now checked in on the ragel-6 branch and master.

What's different:

Before jumping back into the machine execution in an fgoto, fcall, or
fret in an EOF action, a check of P vs PE is done. If P is still equal
to PE then control moves to the EOF check instead of re-entering.

Any code that correctly issues an fhold should function the same.

Any code that does not modify P will behave as if fhold was issued.

-Adrian