[ragel-users] Failed to convert URL parser regular expression toRagel

ragel-user at jgoettgens.de ragel-user at jgoettgens.de
Mon Jan 9 14:50:06 UTC 2012

Liang,

your problem is likely to be caused by the relative priorities on whether to stay or leave any of the partial FS machines due to common character sequences.

There is an interesting side effect in the way you have written your specification. The path “/pub/ietf/uri” may not get accepted, but “:/pub/ietf/uri” does!

Rebalancing your machine slightly, so it reads

    main     := (( scheme ":" )?) <: (( "//" authority** )?)  path ( "?" query )? ( "#" fragment )?;

lets it now accept the initial path spec. Of course, I have not checked whether there are now new unwanted effects. In case of ambiguities like this my preferred method to study it is by looking at the graphviz output.

jg