[ragel-users] Expressing PCREs in Ragel

Ellis Breen ellis.breen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 12:20:51 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Is there a semantic element, preprocessor or component that will allow me
to express standard PCREs in Ragel?

I'm not trying to implement a regex engine, but to find the intersection of
two PCRE search patterns. I believe I've managed to do this by manually
rewriting PCREs into Ragel format, but I'd like to automate the process, as
I have a large number of PCREs to compare.

Any hints on how I can do this with Ragel, or an alternative?

This appears to be about the closest I've found to what I need.

Many thanks,

Ellis