[ragel-users] Expressing PCREs in Ragel

Adrian Thurston thurston at complang.org
Mon Mar 25 02:35:37 UTC 2013

Not that I'm aware of.

You'll need some parse/transform pass for PCRE to ragel. I'm no expert
on PCRE syntax, so I can't really comment on how difficult it will be.

I can say PCRE and ragel use different implementation techniques though,
so you may run into some road blocks on those grounds. Ragel is pure
DFA, while PCRE uses some mix of DFA and an interpretor that backtracks.

-Adrian